The PMC has appointed Karve Institute of Social Service’s Bhaskarrao Dhondo Karve Research and Consultancy Cell as the Consultant to carry out the Socio-Economic Survey for Pune City vide work order and letter number NAJ/JN/2922 dated 15.03.2008
- To make socio-economic assessment of the population within PMC’s jurisdiction.
- To understand people’s perception about the changes that occurred because of urban development in the areas of education, health care, entertainment, road and transport facilities, infrastructure facilities, industrial and city development, human ecology and environment.
- To get insights about people’s opinion regarding infrastructure development and quality of life.
- To understand priorities of citizens for future development of the city.
- To make recommendation for the next Pune City’s Development Plan (20 years).