Pune Development Plan 2007
PMC has appointed Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics (GIPE) as Consultant for the Project of Carrying out Demographic Projection for Pune City vide work order and letter number NAJ/J/2051 dated 08.10.2007
A) SCOPE OF THE WORK
- To gather all the necessary information regarding population, census, migration, area of PMC under consideration, ward details etc.
- To carry out the decadal demographic projection for the city of Pune.
- To carry out the four half decadal population projection from 2007 to 2027 & further up to 2041.
- To detail out the demography by stating the number of male & female for the above projections, categorized by their age group, sex, percentage ratio, workers, non-workers, etc.
- To study the migration pattern, its varied percentage & project it to get its effect on the above projections.
- To deliver the analysis in the form of various charts & illustrations, assumptions etc. in the form of detail demographic report
GIPE has completed the demographic study and submitted its findings in the form of a report "Demographic Projection for Pune Municipal Corporation 2001-06" to the Deputy City Engineer, DP Cell, PMC on the 28th August 2008.