CEE's Central Region includes Chhattisgarh, Goa, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. The administrative activities of these offices are co-ordinated from Pune office which was established in 1997.
These state offices have ongoing projects and activities in CEE's following thrust areas - water and sanitation, experiencing nature, solid waste management, EE in schools, sustainable urban development, interpretation centres etc.
Some of the existing projects under CEE Central region are as follows:
- Strengthening School Sanitation Hygiene Education (SSSHE), Chhattisgarh
- National Green Corps (NGC), Chhattisgarh and MP
- Small Grants Programme, Chhattisgarh,MP and Maharashtra
- Environment Studies textbook for XII standard, MP
- UN-Habitat Human Values Based Water Sanitation Hygiene Education, MP
- Barnavapara Sanctuary Interpretation Centre, Chhattisgarh
- Sahas Campsite Development, Nagpur
- Indradhanushya Citizenship and Environment Education Centre, Pune
- Green Teacher Diploma Course, Maharashtra